We respect the privacy of our visitors and riders. Any information gathered from you is used only to make your experience as efficient and reliable as possible.
While visiting itm.org, Google Analytics is utilized to track consumer behavior. All visitors remain anonymous during their visit with the exception of basic demographic information. All information collected pertains to behavior solely on itm.org with the exception of search engine searches that link a visitor directly to the site. Information is also collected regarding the visitor’s city or town in which they are visiting the site as well as gender and age. This information is utilized for marketing purposes, and is obtained through cookies utilized by Google Analytics.
If you reserve seats on one of our trains the following items should be considered:
• Credit card information is not stored within our systems. Numbers are sent to a processing company contracted by the museum and are processed by the card issuers on a daily basis. We retain only receipts with the last four digits of card numbers.
• Telephone numbers are kept so that we may contact patrons in the rare event that we need more information or a train has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
• Email addresses are taken so that a reservation confirmation can be sent. This confirmation message is required for a patron to claim tickets to ride a train. This address will also be added to an email notification list. We send occasional messages informing patrons of upcoming events in which they may be interested. We sometimes send emails inviting passengers to participate in surveys providing us with feedback on how well we are doing. All such messages offer the opportunity to unsubscribe from future mailings.
• When making online reservations, you will be asked for a home address. Your zip code is needed to help confirm your identity to your credit card issuer. We do not mail print materials.
• All information gathered to make a reservation is stored securely with a corporation contracted by the museum. That company also stores the information concerning subscribers to our email list. When using their system, you will be able to view their privacy and security policies.